CCA STAR Youth Scholarship Entry Instructions. Please follow each step:
1. Go to this link and create an account for the Youth Angler. (Ages 6-17)
2. Fill out completely and remember the user name and password so you can login again.
3. Once Filled out and you see your name at the top of the page, Press Profile and fill in the birth date of the Youth Angler. (Ages 6-17)
4. Now, Press the Home Tab at the top of the page, then press the Register for STAR tab.
5. You will see the Youth Angler selection so select that $0.00 cost and a message will pop up that you have to be a member of CCA before Registering for STAR, Select Yes and the cost is $10.00 and proceed to checkout.
You are now registered so now is time to learn how to win.
1. Go and get a free West Marine measuring device for the STAR Tournament at the following locations: West Marine, Hammock Bait and Tackle, Saltydog Outfitters, Genung's Fish Camp, Fishing Shack, Grenada Pier and Bait Shop.
2. Submit a Photo of the fish on the ruler using the STAR App. You can get full instructions on the STAR App here. You can download the App at the Itunes APP Store or Google Play. All fish submitted must use the West Marine measuring device.
3. There can be only ONE submission per day between the dates May 29- September 6 2021.
4. What fish can be submitted: ladyfish, jack cravalle, sheepshead, snook, spotted seatrout, redfish, grouper, dolphin(Mahi Mahi) or kingfish.
5. These fish submitted must adhere to the minimum length from FWC. Download the app Fish Rules to stay current on all minimum sizes of all fish.
Eligibility: Any registered angler who is a current CCA member in good standing at the time of entering the competition and uses rod, reel, hook, and line to catch their competition entry. Two Youth anglers will win a boat, motor and trailer package.
Contender 22 Sport with Rolls Axle trailer powered by Yamaha
Pathfinder 2200TRS with Minn Kota trolling motor, Humminbird Solix & trailer powered by Yamaha
Spyder Vapor 19FX with trailer powered by Yamaha
The first two Youth angler winners will be awarded:
Salt Marsh Skiff 1656 tiler with Humminbird electronics, Minn Kota trolling motor, 40hp Yamaha motor & trailer.
Youth anglers also have another wonderful opportunity, the Costa Kick Plastic Trash Division. Youth participants can pick up garbage during the competition while they are out on the water or from the shoreline. They must submit a photo of the 5 gallon bucket full of collected trash (which they dispose of properly) with the 2020 West Marine Official STAR Measuring Device via the STAR smart phone app for their shot at a $1,500 prize package, Inflatable Standup Paddle Board, Costa sunglasses and other great items from Costa. For every 5 gallon bucket of garbage a STAR Youth participant submits they will also be provided with 30 minutes of community service hours. Youth participants will submit their community service log with a parent’s signature of hours to firstname.lastname@example.org STAR will verify the submissions and provide a signature and return to the Youth participant. The Costa Kick Plastic Trash Division presented by Papa’s Pilar provides a great opportunity for youth to garner their community service hours while practicing conservation and on their own schedule. What a great way to engage our youth in keeping our water ways clean of garbage.
Other divisions include ladies, kayak, guides, and many more, with most division winners determined by a random drawing, not the biggest fish, a format that encourages participants of all ages to protect and conserve Florida’s fisheries for future generations. For a full list of divisions, visit ccaflstar.com.
Contact: Leiza Fitzgerald|352-665-4868| email@example.com